Understanding how to leverage social media is critical in today’s business environment. If you’re anti-social, you won’t survive. But don’t worry — all of the tools you need are coming soon to the 2011 Midwest Social Media Summit.
Please join Smart Business (@Smart_Business) and Blue Technologies (@BlueTech_Inc) and learn how to effectively utilize social media as a marketing, recruiting, relationship-building and business-generating tool to grow your bottom line. This one-day conference will be packed with insight from some of the region’s top business leaders, who will present practical applications that can work for your organization. By the end of this conference, you’ll be armed with the tools you need to take your social media strategy — and your business — to the next level.
Featured Speakers include:
- Mary Henige (@MaryHenige), Director of Social Media & Digital Communications, General Motors Co. (@GM)
- Alan Gaffney, Director of Global eBusiness, Parker-Hannifin (@ParkerHannifin)
- Joe Pulizzi (@JuntaJoe), Founder & COO of Junta42, President of Z Squared Media
- Jeff Rohrs (@jkrohrs), VP of Marketing, ExactTarget (@ExactTarget) and CoTweet (@CoTweet)
- Matthew Lehman, Mobile Business Leader, Progressive Insurance (@Progressive)
- Curtis Danburg, Senior Director of Communications, The Cleveland Indians (@Indians)
Other speakers include:
- Paul Roetzer (@PaulRoetzer), President & CEO, PR 20/20 (@PR2020)
- Rob Fisher (@rfisher1228), Director of Marketing, Madison Electric (@MEproducts)
- Paul Furiga (@PaulFuriga), President & CEO, WordWrite Communications (@WordWritePR)
- Michelle R. McGovern, Chief Marketing & Development Officer, Firefighters Community Credit Union (@FFcommunity)
- Barb Cagley, President, EXP
- Dan Carbone, Idea Engine (@IdeaEngineInc)
- Steve Melfi, Strategic Project Manager for Talent Acquisition in North America, Meritor Inc.
- Pattie Wagoner, CEO, CareerCurve (@CareerCurve)
- Alexandra Debelnogich, Owner, Elektrobuy (@Elektrobuyblog), Former Webmaster, Plain Dealer Publishing Co. (@PlainDealer)
Want to score a FREE ticket?
Every time you take one of these steps before midnight on Friday 11/11/11, you’ll be entered in a special drawing to receive a complimentary ticket to the 2011 Midwest Social Media Summit, valued at $495. Winners will be notified on Monday, November 14.
- “Like” Smart Business on Facebook, then post on our wall: “I like Smart Business. I want to come to the Midwest Social Media Summit.”
- Retweet this phrase: “Don’t be anti-social. Join @Smart_Business at the Midwest Social Media Summit: conta.cc/MWSMS” You can do this once a day and be entered in the drawing every time.
- Comment on this blog post.
Now that we have your attention, here are the basics.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Executive Caterers at Landerhaven
6111 Landerhaven Drive
Mayfield Heights, Ohio, 44124
$495 per ticket
$2,295 for 5 tickets
$3,995 for 10 tickets
Feeling lucky? You could score a FREE ticket!
Where to stay:
If you're traveling from out of town, we have group rates available at Staybridge Suites, just down the street from the venue. The rate is $109 per night and includes a suite and a full breakfast.
How to register:
Click here. It’s that simple.
For more information:
Contact Anne Hydock at
The 2011 Smart Business Midwest Social Media Summit is presented by Blue Technologies and sponsored by Amotec, Cleveland.com, Fathom, Lexmark Products, The Shamrock Companies Inc., Colortone Staging & Rentals and Executive Caterers at Landerhaven.
- Dustin S. Klein (@DustinSKlein), Publisher and Executive Editor, Smart Business (@Smart_Business)
- Tim Connor, President, The Shamrock Companies
- Brooke Bates (@batesbn), Senior Editor of Interactive Media, Smart Business (@Smart_Business)
- Michael Marzec (@MichaelMarzec), President, Smart Business Content Marketing (@SB_content)
- Bill Balderaz (@bbalderaz), President, Fathom Online Marketing (@FathomOnline)
- Kurt Krejny (@KurtKrejny), Director of Online Marketing, Fathom Online Marketing (@FathomOnline)
- Carmine Izzo, President & CEO, Amotec (@AmotecInc)